Monday, June 3, 2024

What A Time To Be Alive!

 Hey guys, 

So this week's been ok but pretty darn busy. My last week of MTC was good. We got to go to the temple again which was nice. Cool thing that happened at the temple was we got to do sealings for an entire family, so there was 6 of us at the alter. It was really special. I loved my MTC district. . . it was a good fun time.

I flew out here to Georgia on Thursday morning last week. So far we have had AMAZING food. Baked beans out here are craaaaazzzyyyyy. The best things I've ever eaten. And I'm usually not a grits girl but let me just say YUM. SO YUM. Food here's so good. Last night we had dinner with a family named the Joyners, which is funny because I'm pretty sure that at least 3/4 of the ward have the last name of Joyner. When I asked my companions they said that everyone here is related so that's so funny!  But the Joyners that we had dinner with last night are so amazing. So his wife is from Mexico and sells fresh tortillas and owns like a little food business, so when I heard we were eating with her... never been more excited in my entire life. And now ngl (*not gonna lie) best food I've ever had in all the years of my existence. I can't even remember what is was called, but it was a sub thing filled with seasoned pork chops and drenched in salsa. Then she gave us fried tacos filled with refried beans and that was the most delicious thing I've ever put in my mouth.  

The people we are teaching are wonderful!  Everyone here is so incredibly nice even if they are Satanists hahaha. Story time! The first door I ever knocked the lady answered and said she was a Satanist. Yes, she identified herself as a "Satanist" . . .  But she gave us a good contact so that's all that matters. We've got a lady named Helen on baptism date and I would ask everyone to pray for her.  Her cats dying and she's not talking to us very much anymore because of that... so that's been rough. So please pray for Helen. One thing about Athens, Georgia (which is where I am right now, is that everyone here is so humble and nice which is amazing.

Service here is awesome.  Right now we are doing service at a jail house helping women learn to build tiny homes. The state representative got in contact with us and told us that he had a program that helps women in prison to acquire skills that will help them be able to get jobs once they're done. So we just go and cheer them on and be a friend to them so that was such a cool opportunity. 

Spiritual thought: go read 2 Nephi 19:2 
This talks about how we have to see darkness to see light which is so true and something I'm trying to learn out here but ya.

Love y'all have a good week!

Pics:

1.  Me and my cousin Lily!  Fun to be in the MTC together for a day!
2.  My awesome MTC district
3.  Meeting my Mission Leaders
4.  A beautiful road in Georgia
5.  The Botanical Gardens are near to us so we get to go do comp study here.  It's awesome!










No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gospel of Jesus Christ

  This week has been a strugggllleeee. I'm definitely homesick, and I'm definitely not as happy as I wish.  But as I went through p ...